[b]Other:[/b]

Sir_Kowskoskey
2 Major General - MGen
2 Major General - MGen
Medals: 1
Finland

Re: FH2 #19 Battle 9: Bukit Timah Best/Worst/Funniest

Postby Sir_Kowskoskey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:45 am

Best: Finally a pure infantry map. Loved it. Had a sneaking susspission that it might be a even fight

Worst: Bamboo forrests

Funniest: Wondering at point that where the enemy bleed Matilda is lurking cause of seeing it only once the whole evening. At the same time I noticed Boo sitting on a spawn boat moving wierdly.. Should have known that they are connected :D *Virtual Sujuk medal for Boo*

Funniest2: Finding a lone Vickers machinegunner sout of river crossing... Oo the satisfaction of finding Erwin listening to birds and not ready for my bayonnet.

Funniest3: Finding Gabotto the movie. :D

Funniest4: The teapag situation with Prozac, I think i won by one bagging and even that was by using someone elses tea. Everytime i killed him and wanted to bag him some one killed me before and the same thing otherway around.

Other: Best CMP map so far!

WOLFXL
2 Captain - Cpt
2 Captain - Cpt
Turkey

Postby WOLFXL » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:48 am

Actually we have a sujuk medal. I earned it in previous campaigns with me French team :) But it is rare one :D

Suicide rush with banzai kit to Daimler at last round north of sujuk village and creating devastating explosion in the middle of allied rush from behind :D Suprise! hot delivery of sujuk arrived just in time :)

1-0 score was insane!

The Mighty Precious Sujuk JagdPanther

Pr0z4c
1 Captain - Cpt
1 Captain - Cpt
Netherlands

Postby Pr0z4c » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:15 am

Best:Cool looking map, lots of sneaking around

Worst:1Japanese soldiers where really hard to spot. Lots of times i ran past the enemy or was shot by someone standing next to me.
Worst:2yyup damn Bamboo forrests

Funniest:1first blew up a tank with the Thermos grenade. Spotted a japanese landingcraft bashing trough the swamp, tried to blow it up. killed a whole squad, but failed to destroy the boat. crazy running around the damn thing dodging the big ass mg. forgot i had a shattle charge. you lucky bastards :D

Funniest:2Im not sure who wins the goldennutsack for this battle. it was close. I noticed that Colonel DeepThroat joined in too. dirty bastard!

Other:nice map but our team lacked cool stuff like a flamethrower. Japanese laser weapons should be more balanced. type99 for example. no recoil at all

Mutantz
FH1 Branch Admin
FH1 Branch Admin
Afghanistan

Postby Mutantz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Only able to play 2 rounds because had something happening and then getting a text 3 hours later saying it was canceled.

thinking I was in squad 3 when i was in squad 4.

not being able to see my self in a sea of blue and green arrows.

having someone right in front of me and i let loose with the MG and i die.

finally seeing someone to shoot and teammate walks by at just the right time.

Kwiot
FH Civilian
FH Civilian
Poland

Postby Kwiot » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:28 pm

Best:
Even intense fight through the whole battle. There was lots of action on every flag. 1-0 round was epic.

Worst1:
This what happened with this map is another good point why I quit from the mapping team. I can understand reducing it from 7 to 5 flags map due to numbers, but removing flamethrowers and giving useless Matilda is unaccaptable to me.

Worst2:
Numbers... If I remember right we didn't reach even 64 players... Shame...

Worst3:[/b
Ridiculous short battle - we played it for 3,5 hour and really, another point that creating maps is just a waste of time - usually it takes half a year to create such a map and just to play it for 3,5 hour only, really what is the point?

[b]Funniest:

First map where I could really feel that I'm in the jungle - often some jap past 1 m near to me, not even noticing me! :D

Other:
Who won? :D

Matsku
2 Warrant Officer - WO
2 Warrant Officer - WO
Finland

Postby Matsku » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Best: Good that both teams won rounds. It means layouts was perfect for these teams.

Worst: Spawnpoints was too close on flagzone on some flags, specially on east flag on tent -> Flamethower to all spawnpoints and capped flag. I saw this happening 2 times, horrible person who was doing this shit!

Bamboo clusters was nice.

Funniest: 1-0 round was amazing.

Also attacking and defending to middle flag was nice.

Other:

Kwiot
FH Civilian
FH Civilian
Poland

Postby Kwiot » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Matsku wrote:Worst: Spawnpoints was too close on flagzone on some flags, specially on east flag on tent -> Flamethower to all spawnpoints and capped flag. I saw this happening 2 times, horrible person who was doing this shit!

In my opinion spawnpoints should be as closest to the flagpole as possible (not in the radius though). It's better than having spawnpoints far away from the flag, I remebmer that on some maps we have played this campaign, sometimes spawnpoints of the flag were closer to another flag than their flag. Spawpoints close to flag will allow to set a rally in advance is safe position instead of setting it already on the flag spawnpoint. Thanks to such solution firefights for the flags last longer, becuase defenders can spawn on the spawnpoint close to the flag and radio of attacking squad isn't destroyed so easily. That worked really well yesterday, because usually you had to have more attackers than defenders to cap a flag.

Matsku
2 Warrant Officer - WO
2 Warrant Officer - WO
Finland

Postby Matsku » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:20 pm

It was horrible yesterday. When you took down enemy defensive rp and capping flag then 6 guys apawn next to you :D Nice... But ofcourse too far away is bad also, because then enemy are spawning behind your attack rp.

Edit:
I don' t mean all flags. i mostly play on east flag and midle flag and these opinions are from those flags.

Matsku
2 Warrant Officer - WO
2 Warrant Officer - WO
Finland

Postby Matsku » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Matsku wrote:It was horrible yesterday. When you took down enemy defensive rp and capping flag then 6 guys apawn next to you :D Nice... But ofcourse too far away is bad also, because then enemy are spawning behind your attack rp.

I mean that when atackers have killed first wave of defenders they should be able to grey flag.

Edit:
I don' t mean all flags. i mostly play on east flag and midle flag and these opinions are from those flags.

Papillon
FH Civilian
FH Civilian
Germany

Postby Papillon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:39 pm

ach kwiot.....

ColonelDeepthroat
Donator
Donator
Medals: 1
Haiti

Postby ColonelDeepthroat » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Best1: Balanced battle and nice looking map. Good fights around the map.

Best2: Winning for a change.

Best3: The beer I enjoyed during battle.

Worst1: Sampan...

Funniest: The close 1-0 round.

Other: @Pr0z4c: Do you mean the tea bagging race which everybody (well, not everyone) was talking about in TS? :D Can't even remember anymore that I joined in, though it's a good idea. :mrgreen:

caeno
FH Civilian
FH Civilian
Finland

Postby caeno » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Best:
-Even fights around the whole map.
-Sneaking around was fun while attacking, but annoying to defend against attacks from all sides :D
-I liked the infantry only action on this map and the few tanks or vehicles brought nice excitement between the inf fights.

Worst:
-I really really "loved" those bamboos.

Funniest:
-Getting knifed so many times, because I was lazy to move my position :D
-I usually suck with the pistols, but managed to get 5-8 kills with it. I atleast thought it was funny... :D

Other:
-I gotta say that absence of more flamethrowers was a good thing for this map (I saw a flamer once or twice during the fight). The cap radius on most flags was less than 20meters and a good guy with a flamethrower could have wiped the entire flagzone with few flamesweeps - THAT would have been ridiculous and gamebreaking.
-I also have to say that the closer the spawnpoints are to capzone - the more spawnkilling will happen and I think spawnkilling is a gamebreaking mechanic and should be avoided. If spawnpoints are a bit further away from the capzone, it allows the teams some tactical possibilities instead of just getting spawnkilled. When I say "a bit further away" I mean a distance varying between 20-80 meters, but they always should be closer to the flag their tied to instead of another flag. Placing spawnpoints is a really important part of mapping and it can really destroy a map if done poorly - placed too close to flagzone is a mistake imo. In the end, I thought the spawnpoints on this map were mostly well placed. (And yes yes yes, I know rally points exist and they're meant to be used ;) )

Wualy
2 Colonel - Col    
2 Colonel - Col    
Spain

Postby Wualy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 am

Best: First round would must be epic.
Best2: Battles around Sook Ching. Awesome!

Worst: Not playing first round due RL issues :(

Funniest: Killing Kwiot with a katana
Funniest2: Entering the game and finding Erwin alone in Axis HQ channel. After a short chat, he switched to Allies and who is the first kill I get? ERWIN! :lol:

Other: I found the bamboo forest quite realistic. Great job mapper!

Pr0z4c
1 Captain - Cpt
1 Captain - Cpt
Netherlands

Postby Pr0z4c » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:58 pm

@ColonelDeepthroat yeah there is a general teabag fight going on amongst lots of players. but Kowskosky and i got into a serious fight over who can teabag each other the most in this campaign.

(i also urge my regiment to give Kows the nuts when the get the chance) :D

Return to “Community Best / Worst / Funniest”